Skip to main content

About this Show

The Young Turks With Cenk Uygur

News/Business. (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)




San Francisco, CA, USA

Comcast Cable

Virtual Ch. 107 (CURNT)






America 15, United States 9, Obama 9, Chris Christie 6, Us 5, Romney 4, Vo 4, Scott Brown 3, Mitt Romney 3, Nfl 3, Pakistan 3, Bill Clinton 2, Clinton 2, Palestine 2, Israel 2, American Express 2, Elizabeth Warren 2, Syria 2, Paul Ryan 2, Michelle Obama 1,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  Current    The Young Turks With Cenk Uygur    News/Business.   
   (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)  

    September 25, 2012
    4:00 - 5:00pm PDT  

i think it's great. >> yeah. >> thank you for doing the show, i appreciate it. >> thanks. >> the suzanne show premieres tomorrow morning. we'll see you next time. >> welcome to young turks. mitt romney and president obama are competing for bill clinton's attention. >> a few words from bill clinton can do a man a lot of good. >> president clinton, thank you for your very kind introduction, although i have to admit i really did like the speech a few weeks ago a little bit better. >> all right romney in that speech had a whopper about special interest. you know what i love about this show? facts. we're going to bring you facts about his top donors. will blow your mind. hows that for fun? you know mitt romney's best friend caused this. >> it was a scramble in the end
zone and then a split decision. one says touchdown another says no. >> this is comical to me, really. >> how is mitt romney related to that? i'm going to prove that. you sit right here and you'll see exactly how he's related. it turns out our government has been lying to us about civilians killed in broken strikes. i know shocker. but this is the result. >> one of the things we heard from several people is that they didn't know what america was before drones and now what they know of america is drones death% and terror. >> here's what we do on this show, whether we're going after republicans or democratics, we keep it real, and you know what time it is. it's go time. ♪
>> the president and michelle obama. >> hes loving, giving, open. >> our economy works the best when everybody gets a shot. >> it looks a little foolish on the view with the girls on the couch. >> there are going to be bumps in the road. >> the world needs american leadership, we do and we're going to bring it. >> a few words from bill clinton can do a man a lot of good. >> i think that ought to be a little bit of a red flag. >> our constitution protects the right to free speech. the future must not belong to those who slander the process of islam. >> i'd give the speech a c. it was a great big warm fuzzy blanket. >> unlike the seattle seahawks last night we want to deserve this victory. i'm sorry, i'm a packer fan. i had to get that last one in there. >> let's start with president obama. he spoke this morning, looked presidential, he looked cool under control so here's the first part of his speech. >> true democracy real freedom
is hard work. those in power have to resist the temptation to crack down on dissidence. in hard economic times countries must be tempted, may be tempted to rally the people around at home and abroad rather than focusing on the painstaking work of reform. >> he's got to strike a balance speak to his internal home audience i've got this under control, i'm going to be tough with the rest of the world while at the same time reach out to the rest of the world and play the role as president. how does he strike the balance? this is one of the ways. >> the attacks of the last two weeks are not simply an assault on america. they are also an assault on the very ideals upon which the united nations was founded. the notion that people can resolve their differences peacefully, diplomacy can take the place of war that an
interdependent world, all of us have a stake in working towards greater opportunity and security for our citizens. >> i think that's a nice way of doing it. now, here's the part i really enjoyed. i've been advocating for a long time listen, we cannot bend on freedom of speech, obviously right? so when they attack our embassies because of the innocence of muslims movie, you can denounce the movie but this is our culture, we stand by it. >> i know there are some who ask why don't we ban such a video? our constitution protects the right to practice free speech. here in the united states, downsless publications provoke offense. like me, the majority of americans are christian and we do not ban blasphemy to our most sacred beliefs.
>> we tell the world we are not apologizing. it's also true. i'm sure he does believe it, obviously so and i'm glad he said it forcefully. on to the two state solution in israel and palestine. let's find out what he said about that. >> among israelis and palestinians the future must not belong to those who turn their back on the prospect of peace. the road is hard, but the destination is clear a secure jewish state of israel and an independent prosperous palestine. >> constantly striking a balance. that is the right tone there. obviously any sane person wants a two state solution where both sides are free and peaceful. all right, now finally no excuses for violence. this was my favorite part of the speech. >> there are no words that excuse the killing of in sents. there is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy.
there's no slander to provides an excuse for a person to burn a restaurant or destroy a school or cause death and instruction in pack tan. >> he explained throughout the speech, this hurts muslims more than anyone else because they suffer the bombings more than anyone else and suffer the killings more than anyone else when terror strikes or there is violence in the street. it was strong, diplomatic, presidential. now, when mitt romney was speaking about foreign policy on the same day, he was wildly lashes out in every direction. look at this contrast. >> syria has witnessed the killing of tens of thousands of people. the president of egypt is a member of the muslim brotherhood. our ambassador to libya was assassinated in a terrorist attack. iran is moving towards nuclear weapons capability. we somehow feel we're at the mercy of events rather than shaping events. >> lashing out in all
directions. the president didn't call syria because he didn't do anything. he's at fault in iran for not doing something. he's at fault in egypt for doing something. hey, mitt, what's your great idea for all those countries should we have supported mubarak or freedom and democracy there. you've got no answers. all you have is vitriol against the president. he's not alone among conservatives. eric bowling on fox news channel, get a load of his idea on foreign policy. >> $23 billion we've given pakistan since 9/11. maybe it's time to cut off the aid and send a drone. >> maybe invade their embass and do some bombing there and start a war. we're republicans, we're so tough, we can start the did you meanest war of all time. great, congratulations. who wants to go in that direction? throughout the show, i'll have
several criticisms of the president. what chose do we have? mitt romney was telling brian williams about the teachers strike and unions. watch this. >> the case of the democratic party, i don't mean to be terribly partisan, but i kind of am. [ laughter ] >> in case of the democratic party, the largest contributors to the democratic party are the teachers unions, the federal teachers unions, so if they can elect someone then that person is supposed to be representing the public vis a vis the teachers union with, but actually most of their money came from the teachers union. it's an extraordinary conflict of interest. that's a problem and should be addressed. >> really? you think that's an extraordinary conflict of interest. well, what if you were pushing for deregulation of the banks and as president would be critical of making that decision and some of your top donors were actually banks? what if?
well it turns out of course, not some of this is top donors are banks all of mitt romney's top donors are banks. look at the top eight donors, goldman sachs bank of america j.p. mar gone chase morgan stanley. credit sui south southeast not even americans. at this timety, wells fargo and barclays. >> go ahead and buy the presidency through mitt romney and don't worry if i get elected, i'll give you everything you want, all the bailouts in the world all the deregulation in the world. how about that conflict of interest mitt frickin romney. >> who's winning. in order to have that conversation, you got to bring in somebody pretty damn epic. ♪
>> now, michael shureer, epic politics man as it were. >> you're going to rub out of intros at some point. >> michael shocking, i hope you were sitting -- oh, you are sitting, right. what they found is he didn't meet with the foreign leaders while he was on the u.n. what do you think is the political calculation? >> i think it's about safety. i think that there is a reason to meet with these people if you want to talk with them. the president, he is a president, obviously but it's 42 days until the election until he's also a candidate. candidate obama can be very careful, safe, he's not meeting with these leaders. you say what's to be gained? nothing to be gained. when talking of, you know, as it pertains to the campaign, mitt romney and everybody in his
circle are going to be looking at things to criticize about anything that would have come from these meetings. >> nitpicked open mic moments, oh, my god he didn't hug enough kissed him on one cheek not both cheeks. he seems to be playing it safe politically but gave a great speech. >> he gave a fantastic and direct speech. he was perfectly forceful when he had to be. he also state america's place in the world. >> if you're winning you not only play it safe but give a strong speech that covers all sides. he is winning. let's show a chart here of all the different polls. it shows you as you see the blue and red die verge be, president obama gaining now what is a noticeable lead in this race. is he pulling away for good here michael? >> you start to see these trends and start to say ok, ask your question the only way to answer that question is to look at where mitt romney can go. he can't go after him on foreign
policy this week, because the president hasn't engaged him there. he can't go to the poles in ohio eight, nine points down in ohio. he has to go to the debates make a big slash. in the republican debates he held his own and that was considered great. he's raised the bar. >> there isn't going to be some magical knockout punch. >> i know. >> president obama is not going to get roped into making a huge mistakes. you never know but it's very unlikely. that lead, as, you know, michael was talking to me this morning ohio is so comfortable with the president at this point that mitt romney's going to think of a new strategy, so he's in a world of trouble. michael, thank you for the analysis. we really appreciate it. when we come back. just because president obama's going to win if he wins, doesn't mean the progressis will get what they want.
there's very good telltale signs that the democrats would actually cut social security despite their protestations otherwise. we're going to talk about that evidence when we come back. >> i'll just make a prediction. i think in a lame duck session they will avoid the fiscal cliff, reach an agreement. >> by some kind of extension? >> that might sound like good news, but trust me, it's not. i'll give you the evidence behind that when we come back. later, the elbow of the day is reserved for a republican. >> you can guess who that republican is. (vo) this program is presented by american express. welcome to the possibilities of membership. welcome in. american express.
are they contagious? i don't think so. [ male announcer ] contract the rainbow! taste the rainbow! >> from time to time you'll here politicians talk about oh, my god, social security is running out of money, we got to do something.
often republicans but sometimes democrats, as well. that is absolute nonsense. do you know what kind of a surplus social security has? $2.7 trillion. it's a surplus! in fact, last year, they added to the surplus by $95 billion. getting stronger and stronger. in fact, even people like tim geithner who were totally in the pocket of the banks admits well, social security is perfectly solvent until the year 233. so why are we panicking now? 21 years before it runs into even a tiny percentage of an issue. that is one of the healthiest government programs in the world. well, it's because of people like former republican congressman bob mcewan of ohio who says we already spent that money that we owe the american people and we don't want to give it back. how do i know he says that, because i talked oh him on msnbc
in 2010. >> you guys spent it on the tax cuts for the rich and your senseless, ridiculous wars. how about with he get our money back? >> either the money is spent or it's there as a surplus. make up your mind. the fact is that it's gone. the fact is that it was in treasury bonds and consumed and spent and there is no treasury. >> it's been consumed and spent. it went to the rich and their tax cuts, to the wars. now, they owe you that money. you put it in your whole life. you work, it came out of every single check. when we owe the money to the chinese or to the saudi arabians or anyone else or to the bankers, the republicans will turn around and go the full faith and credit of the united states is on the line. we have to pay that money back. when they owe it to you and me and all the paychecks they took it out of, bobby mcewan going we already spent it, it's gone. no, that's our surplus. you don't get to mess with it. unfortunately, a lot of
democrats wand to do that, as well. president obama spoke tole aarp last friday and seemed to give reassuring words. >> i do think that looking at changing the cap is an important aspect of putting social security on a more stable footing and what i've said is that i'm willing to work with republicans and examine all their ideas but what i'm not going to do as a matter of principle is to slash benefits or privatize social security and suddenly turn it over to wall street. >> that all seemed to sound good. he said we might lift the cap. payroll tax is tapped. social security never runs out of money for the rest of time.
isn't that amazing? that's all you have to do and you can solve it. he also said i will not slash benefits. look, this is what i do for a living. i read the tea leaves. that doesn't mean i won't cut benefits. i won't drastically cut benefits. senator barry sanders says: >> now what is a chained c.p.i.? >> well, that is a different way of calculateling your cost of living adjustments, it's chaining it to a consumer price index. in other words it would cut your social security. they say well, what's the big zeal, we're going to cut a little bit. hey! no! no! no! we paid into it.
you don't get to cut it. the huffing to know post reporting on this said: >> so he has already offered it to the republicans. he's going to offer it again to cut social security. in fact, if you listen closely to last sunday's 60 minutes when president obama was on there he talked about entitlement reforms. watch this. >> so, keep in mind, i've agreed with the republicans and we've already cut a trillion dollars of spending. and i've told them i'm prepared to do additional spending cuts and do some entitlement reform. >> entitlement reform means we're not going to increase your payments, we're going to cult your payments. be careful. just because the alternative like mitt romney is a disaster, that doesn't mean that the democrats are progressive and are looking out for the middle class. look let me give you a sense of
what they're going to cut. the average guy retired on social security gets a month check of $1,230. what, is that living high on the hog? is that banker money? no! you can basically survive on that kind of money. they say oh, we don't care. we're going to cut that anyway. they want to take, take, take from the middle class and give to the rich. it drives me crazy. unfortunately, president clinton talking about that grand bargain where they would do that kind of deal. >> i predict that you will get a budget deal early next year, if not in a lame duck session and you'll see them try to work together. it's going to be a different world. >> he's right even republican senators like john mccain, lindsey graham saying we don't want defense cuts going into place. maybe we can talk about taxes. why? because they're going to do a tiny little trick with attaches and president obama has already said he's going to cut corporate
taxes from 35% to 28%. in the end where are they going to get the money? from social security. now even david koch of koch industries is saying: >> why? because he's going to trick you. hey, here's a little tax increase wink wink. now give me your social security money. that is a deal i am not interested in. finally, david axelrod when asked about the social security deal had this interesting response. >> mark, i'll tell you what, when you get elected to the united states senate and sit at that table, we'll have -- this is not the time. we're not going to have that discussion right now. >> why doesn't he want to have that discussion about social security wouldn't it be the easiest thick for a politician
to say under no circumstances will we cut social security. 84% of americans agree with that. if you're a progressive democratic you say of course, never cut social security. that god damned mitt romney wants to cut it. right? he doesn't say that. the top strategist for president obama says oh, before an election is not time to talk about it. they're going to do the grand bargain after the election and cut your social security. i'm trying to look out for you. remember in 2008, oh, change, change, change. did we change the way government worked? unfortunately, not yet. the lobbyists are still in charge and sometime coming for your middle class money. when we come back, we've had a mess with the nfl. did you know one of the reasons we're having that mess is mitt romney's friend? paul ryan accidentally supports the nfl referees union. watch. >> it is time to get the real
refs. it reminds me of president obama and the economy. if you can't get it right it's time to get out. >> really good spoken for the romney, ryan ticket, as well. >> just when you thought republicans couldn't get more offensive, here comes scott brown in massachusetts. >>i jump out of my skin at people when i'm upset. they're doing this this corruption based on corruption based on corruption. >>that's an understatement, eliot.
sir... excuse me, excuse me... can i get you to sign off on the johnson case... ♪ we built this city! ♪ don't let food hang around. ♪ on rock & roll! ♪ [ orbit trumpet plays ] clean it up with orbit! [ ding! ] fabulous! for a good clean feeling... eat. drink. chew orbit.
(vo) now, it's your turn. (vo) connect with the young turks with cenk uygur. >> it's go time.
>> the whole country's talking about the nfl referees locked out since june for an incredibly small amount, $4,000 per game. this strike could be settled. even though the nfl's a $9 billion industry the owners are being greedy saying nope, we're not going to give it to them. these replacement refs are doing great job. the country disagrees. there was the guy dressed up as a saints fan wanted to be a referee. they realized it right before the game and had to take him out. there was the guy to hold mccry oh, by wait, you're on my fantasy football team, go get 'em. oh, my god. there's refs last night the seattle-green bay game might have been the straw that broke the camels back.
>> could this play be the tipping point? last night the game went down to the wire with the seahawks trailing and clock winding down, their quarterback unleashed a hail mary pass. it was a scramble in the end zone and then a split decision. one ref says touchdown another says no. >> all right well now it's gotten political. so, scott walker from wisconsin saying oh, bring back the real refs who by the way are union refs, these scab refs not up to snuff. others saying the same thing and then paul ryan. watch. >> something that is really troubling that occurred last night, did you guys watch that packers game last night? i mean, give me a break! it is time to get the real refs. you know what?
it reminds me of president obama and the economy. if you can't get it right it's time to get out. >> you know what you need to get it right? union refs. oops! you didn't mean that, did you? by the way also, mr. libertarian believer over there, it turns out you need real rules and regulation for a game to be fair. right? and if the rules and regulation are not put in place this is the anarchy and disaster that ensues. and now the entire country, as you can see is still talking about it at this moment in time. this is realtime. in fact, espn sports center right after the game broke a 17 year record for ratings. there was 70,000 voice mails left for the nfl. enough bring in the union refs. ok, and even president obama said: >> when he signs it bo, that's
actually president obama tweeting that out. who's responsible for this mess? i guess it would be mitt romney best friends according to his own admission. >> i got a lot of good friends the owner of the miami dolphins and the new york jets, both owners friends of mine. >> oh, are they? you might want to give them a ring and say hey can you just pony up $4,000 a game. you're making $9 billion. he's not alone. woody johnson the owner of the jets is the finance chair for mitt romney's campaign and brags about how much he knows mitt romney. watch. >> he's very, very funny. >> funny? >> ann talked about it last night. i don't think the american people have seen that so far but he is a riot. >> he's a riot. he told me don't pay those refuse, keep all the money for yourself. that goes to the income and in
quality is rifo throughout the country. they won't even share it with the game that they profit off of. robert reich said: >> that is exactly right. so let's bring robert in right now. he is a professor at berkeley and also now the author of beyond outrage what has gone wrong with our economy our democracy and how to fix it. great to have you here. you know, when you tell the mitt romneys of the world we have this great inequality, they say god bless america. >> we have not had this degree of income in equality in america for 80 years and by some measures, 100 years. go back to the gilded age of the robber borons where you find the same kind of concentration of income and wealth and power at
the highest reaches of the united states. we don't want to go back there. our democracy was corrupted our economy couldn't function because the middle class didn't have enough purchasing power to keep it going. yet the rom niece of the world the people who are romneys friends, the owners of football teams, all of the others, the people on wall street, the owners and the managers, the ceo's of the giant corporations, what they simply want to do is entrench their power, welt and interest and that's why they are sponsors mitt romney with, who is the avatar, the sponsor of his class. >> i like that word, that he's the avatar of his class. i think that's perfectly fitting. let's talk about the dangers of this kind of in come and equality. as you point out the numbers are similar to what happened before the great depression. why would income and equality which mitt rom claims brings us
freedom lead to an economic crash? >> because the great vast middle class and everybody who aspires to become middle class don't have enough money to keep the economy going on their own. the people at the very top where the money accumulates they save. it's impossible. you get $20 billion a year, i don't know how anybody could possibly spend that much. being rich means you basically have everything you want, everything you need, you just accumulate. how do you accumulate? you put into bank accounts in switzerland or you invest around the world or the cayman islands or you gamble and speculate but you are not creating jobs. that's the thing that mitt romney keeps saying that is fundamentalry wrong. the rich are not job creators. the real job creators are the middle class who's spending creates the jobs. the poor who are trying to become middle class their spending creates jobs. if there's not enough money in the middle class and among the
poor, then what do you get? a stagnant economy. >> now secretary rice, he often talks about about being job creators and it's ok i pay a low rate. he said that in the 60 minute interview sunday. he said it is fair, because i create jobs. as an economist i'm wondering when you have the money in the cayman islands, is it fair to say that that creates american jobs? if so, how many jobs could it create sitting in the cayman islands. >> it is not creating jobs, maybe a couple in the cayman islands. if you shelter your incouple broad, speculate around the world, putting your mine into global corporations, you are not building jobs in the united states. you build jobs in the united states by spending in the united states, whether that spending is government spending on roads and bridges and schools and everything we need or it's individuals who are middle class people who are spending on all the services that middle class people need in terms of food and clothing and shelter and
everything else. those basics are coming from the united states. american workers are the ones who build houses. american workers are the ones that actually provide the services that most people need. if you don't have enough spending, the middle class in the united states is responsibility for almost all of the spending and most spending, remember 70% of economic activity in the united states is personal consumer spending. that's what it is. that's the heart of our country. whether you like spending or don't like spending, that is the fact. if you don't have enough of it, then we don't have enough jobs. we don't have an economy that isant. >> all right. the book is called beyond outrage, thank you for joining us really appreciate it. >> if next question. next question.
michael, please, help me ignore him. (vo) jennifer granholm ... >>for every discouraged voter, there are ten angry ones taking action. trickle down does not work. in romney's world, cars get the elevator and the workers get the shaft. that is a whole bunch of bunk. the powerful may steal an election, but they can't steal democracy.
[ beads rattling ] [ beads rattling ] spearmint that tingles as you chew. stimulate your senses. 5 gum. now in micro pack.
>> now let's talk about the fraud that is chris christie. his image, he's a regular guy goes down to the boardwalk yells and curses at people. reporter asks him questions he gives rude answers like this. you know tom you must be the thinnest skin guy in america because you think that's a
confrontational tone, then, you know, you should really see me when i'm pissed. >> haha, look at this guy. let me tell you about the real chris christie, the one backed, financed by wall street who does their bidding at every turn. jim hammer has a great report about a program called home keeper loan. watch. >> since 2010, home keeper has only approved 498 families for foreclosure assistance, but nearly 2,000 homeowners have been denied help. in fact, less than 4 million of the $300 million has been spent ranking new jersey last among 18 recipient states in giving out these emergency foreclosure funds. >> so, it's a disaster in new jersey ranked second worst on delinquencies on foreclosures, so where's chris christie at. why isn't he spending the money
to help the homeowners? he wants to protect the banks so they can make more and more money. in fact, jim harper went national about it. >> why is it taking to long. >> because it's been a -- because the court places a moratorium on foreclosures. >> the $300 million. >> the courts placed a moratorium on foreclosures. >> he's given a weak sauce excuse there the court, you are choosing not to spend it. so he does a follow up. >> in fact. >> if you don't -- next question. >> this is an urgent issue facing the state. why would you blow it off? >> police, michael, help me ignore him. >> he's asking questions i don't like. help me ignore him. the homeowners of new jersey are who chris christie is ignoring. new jersey got $75 million.
what did chris christie do he put in it in the eventual budget, not to help homeowners and goes see i balanced the budget not to help homeowners. he used to lobby for the security's administration, do you know who ran it at the time? bernie madoff. this guy used to be a lobbyist for better than my madoff. public financing in the last election. the democratic was also part of wall street. look at number two lawyers and lobbyists. number four, securities and investment, wall street and real estate, also financial. and in fact, when you look at his top doshes overall we've got kenneth langone the owner
of home depose. hedge fund, daniel loeb hedge fund. it's weird. he gets most of his backing and money from wall street and wall street says we want to foreclosure, we don't want you to help homeowners and golly gee, turns out chris christie can't find a way to help the homeowners. what a wild coincidence. that's the real chris christie. >> when we come back, we're going to turn around and hit the democrats, because the administration hasn't been honest with you. in term of drone strikes they say they haven't killed civilians. we're going to show you the real facts when we come back. >> it has made people extremely angry president united states. >> drones were classified as it is new guantanamo, the new
recruiting tool for al-qaeda. sending you monthly doses right to your door so you will never forget to maintain your system. sign up at
>> president obama once said he is not against all wars, just against dumb wars. i feel the same way about drone strikes. not against all drone strikes just dumb drone strikes. what is dumb drone strikes? we do signature strikes where we have no idea who we're hitting. we see signatures, there might be weapons in the area, this or that, let's just bomb them just in case. we do double taps. after an initial bombing when people go into rescue them, doctors and first responders, we hit them again.
that's outrageous. that is counter productive. that causes enemies to the united states of america that we don't need. by the way we also do drone strikes on u.s. citizens. i know it's uncomfortable but it's true. no due process. we've executed three american citizens abroad without a trial. that is outrageous. that is a dumb drone strike. john brennan: >> in other words oh, civilian, almost never. really? n.y.u. and stanford did a study and found that in fact 884 civilians have been killed, just in northwest pakistan alone,
including 176 children. this doesn't help the united states of america. it hurts our cause. now, the researchers went on the record and talked about what they found out, some amazing things. let's go to the first clip. >> one of the things we found is there are entire communities who live in areas where drones are flying overhead 24 hours a day seven days a week at times. and these people don't know when those drones will strike. they don't know who they will strike. the result is symptoms of psychological disorder, of trauma of severe anxiety and of dysfunction at. we heard stories of people who won't leave their houses. >> how would you feel if there was a drone over your head at all times and you never knew when they were going to strike whether you were in september or guilty? that wouldn't feel very good, let alone the double taps. >> the people with whom we spoke in the communities affected
almost without exception told us when there's a drone strike, we won't go near afterwards, and we even heard this from medical professionals. >> and it gets worse. this is the one that bothers me most. unfortunately, they have tarnished the name of america that used to be such a great name to be revered throughout the world. listen to what they think of america now. >> one thing we heard from several people is that they didn't know what america was before drones and now what they know of america is drones, death and terror. >> that's not what i want people to think of america. look, this doesn't help us. when we kill those 176 children, it's an absolute crime in and of itself. outside of that, you think it helps our cause? every one of those families is going to did he say spice us forever. how many terrorists do we create killing civilians like this? i'm going to bring in robert
greenwold. robert, great to have you hear. tell me how you got involved, why you got involved in living under drones research product. >> the brave new foundation on our campaign, we've researched drones for the last six months making a full length film. we're doing short pieces. i'm going to go to pakistan soon. we heard about the study and reached out to the people. we said a study is great, but we can do a video and the video will reach a different audience, a wider audience. so when we started reading this study, we were absolute extraordinarily upset. we knew we would turn it into a video and people are sending clips all over. >> it gives you the whole story and it's really powerful, but now a lot of people are going to criticize you and say how could you right before the election criticize a democratic like this? >> i like to think there are
issues that we're committed to and it's not about frankly even the name of the party, it's what do we care about. this is a moral issue, this is a security issue. this is an issue about the kind of country we are. i think it's important to raise it. i think it's important to talk about it. i think it's important to say to people this policy is not making you any safer. whether obama's been hemmed in by the military, who knows what all the reality is, but we know this is as you just said in the beginning, this doesn't make sense on almost any level. 175 children who have been killed. if we think about that poria minute, every single member of their family and their extended families, what is that doing? this area, by the way is an area where there is one doctor for every 7,000 people. can you imagine let's be wild eyed liberals for a minute. can you imagine what sending in
some doctors might do? do you think that might be more effective. >> we've got to and president obama said hey listen, put pressure on me from the outside. to do the right thing and to be productive, so we don't go in the wrong direction. >> we've seen where the most effectiveness, in the communities that put pressure on the issues. >> that is a great point. >> this is a fundamental issue. of course we want obama to be reelected. boy have we got our work cuttous for us to talk about this and create a peace movement that's willing to challenge him and challenge the pentagon and not go quietly into the night. >> don't go quietly into the night. robert, thank you so much. eliot spitzer is next with viewpoint. >> chenk, you will never go quietly into the night that we know for sure. we are going to talk about mitt
romney's foreign policy and the worst call in nfl history. almost as bad as bush v. gore, but not quite as important perhaps. >> i would not have gone quite that far. >> it's the nfl equivalent. >> the famous elbow of the day. who's head is it going to land on? find out when we come back. to get the benefits of private pass. more concerts, more events more experiences. [ jack ] hey, who's boring now? [ male announcer ] get more access with the citi card. [ crowd cheering, mouse clicks ]
are they contagious? i don't think so. [ male announcer ] contract the rainbow! taste the rainbow! >> cenk: scott brown had been leading before the convention. now, looks like elizabeth warren has taken a lead! she's up 47.2% to 45.8% and clear politics average of all of the different polls. so that appears to be a real lead. well one of the dumbest lines of attack i've ever seen is scott brown's folks have been going to for a long time now. she lied about being indian.
we got her. i don't know what you got her on. she's not lying. her mother is part cherokee and she's also part delaware indian. so where's the lie? i don't get it. ha ha, she took advantage. no, she never took advantage of it. what a weird weird campaign. now when you do that, by the way, it also shows i've got nothing on her. she's actually gonna fight wall street. she is going to represent you. so i'll make up some nonsense but it gets worse. so his staffers including staffers like greg casey and constituent service counsel richard, local republican activist garrett got together and did this at a brown event. yeah hey we got it. got it? because you're indian or you're not indian. they think they've got elizabeth warren in